Thursday, November 10, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends!

It's been well over a year since I have posted. Since my original post, I gained up to 361. Wowza!! Can you imagine? That is 40lbs away from 400lbs. Absolutely disgusting. I loathed climbing the stairs to my house or anywhere else for that matter. I became increasingly slothful AND ate like there was no tomorrow.
On June 28th, 2011, I met my parents for vacation. They showed me this iPhone app called My Fitness Pal. I checked if out and was amazed by the information it gave me. I simply had to enter what I ate and it gave me the calories. It also gave the nutrients. I was finally able to see what I was putting in my body. I decided to try it out for a while. After a week, I began dropping weight. I slowly tried to start exercising. It was summer, so I hit the pool. I would tread water for 30-45 minutes straight.
Throughout this time, my hubby was doing this alongside me and showing success as well. Fast forward to today. I now weigh 314.7 as of this morning!!! That is almost 50lbs!! A lot of prayer, dedication, tears, sweat and working out got me here. Now...I can walk 3+ miles at a time, do an entire workout and occassionally jog! I am up to jogging a block at a time! This Saturday, Ryan & I have entered a 5k together! I'm not in it for a win, I am in it for completion.
Ryan has not been the only one helping me along the way. My aunt, my parents, my sister have all taken this on together. Everyone has seen success and a better way of living. I have made wonderful friends on the My Fitness Pal community site. They provide encouragement on a daily basis and keep me motivated and in check! My daughter has been such an inspiration for me. She tells me all the time that she can tell I am losing more fat. LOL verbatim!! She goes walking with us and loves to do exercise videos! She tells us that she likes to take her lunch because the school food does not have healthy choices. Our friends and family are what gets us through!!
Diets are a joke. You just need to watch what you eat and get active. That's all. Have good friends behind you and be honest with yourself.
1 Peter 4:80"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment