Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Preggo Talk- 1st Trimester

What an exciting ride this TTC and pregnancy has been so far!! I went to the OBGYN in Nov for a general check up and to try and get my bleeding under control. I would "menstruate" for 8 weeks, then stop for 4, then 6 weeks, then stop for 8...just REALLY random. Turns out, I wasn't ovulating. I had given up hope on getting pregnant again, considering I havent used BC since my DD was born in 2006!

Another part to this story...In June 2011, I tipped the scale at 361lbs. I was introduced to a free app where I could track my calories- both intake and burn. It saved my life!! I'm around 255 now!! Obesity stops ovulation many times...so there you go.

Ok, back to the story...I was talking to the NP, who was soooo real with me, and she said something that turned my world around. She said, "we have a few options. Are you done having children?"
Wait...WHAT? So in shock I said, If I can, I'd like to, but I figured I couldn't anymore. She reassured me that just because my body got off track, she was certain that it remembered what to do, because I had completed a pregnancy before. She gave me meds to stop and restart my period and instructed me to come get my progesterone tested at day 23. SO I did, and shocker, I hadn't ovulated. In January 2012, I was given my first RX of clomid. Day 23, got my levels tested again and YAY, I ovulated!! Even better...my next cycle started on it's own!! I got my 2nd round of clomid in February. Again, I ovulated. This time, I ordered the bulk OPK's from Amazon to pinpoint my ovulation. Once both lines turned pink, well...you know. 2 weeks later...BFP!! Praise God!! I was esctatic!! I called my NP and she had me come in and test and shazaam...BABY TIME! My Due date is November 19, 2013!!

So, I was expecting another hellacious pregnancy. Last time...I puked daily for 7 months. SEVEN MONTHS!!! It was baaaad! I hated pregnancy and never wanted to do it again. So 7 years later...here I am again pregnant.
My symptoms this first trimester have included: extreme fatigue, nausea, indigestion, occasional dizziness, emotional, CRAZY CM, and mild constipation.
I am at week 13 today!! Yippeee!! I'm ever so thankful! This has been such a pleasant pregnancy so far!! I feel good. My tummy is a bit sensitive to some foods, but I can eat. I haven't NOT been able to eat. My weight is maintaining. My DH said that this pregnancy has been so different, because he was used to getting up with me every morning to wipe my face, and comfort me at the toilet.
I give all the praise to God and am VERY thankful for an awesome NP, that I WISH could deliver my baby she helped me get!! This is my story thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment