Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I just had an "I'm blessed" moment. I see some of my same age peers and even some that are older and younger talk about their 'exciting' lives. Traveling around the world, partying, pursuing impossible dreams in various big cities and still searching for their place in the sun. Then I look at my life: I am 25, I am married to the most AMAZING man on the earth, I have a Christ-centered marriage, we dont go to bed angry and always work any conflict out before we go to sleep. I have a a beautuful daughter who looks like a model, she is very intelligent and I am not just saying that. My husband and I both have degrees, we both have full time jobs and for the first time in our marriage, we all have health insurance. I dont NEED to travel the world or study abroad, I dont NEED to pursue an unrealistic dreams, I dont NEED to party every night. I dont NEED that kind of shallow temporary life satisfaction. I have a family. I have a GOOD family. We may have our struggles, but we are STRONG. We have been through some hard times. We have been broke, in the hole 500 or $600 for months on end. We have had electricity, water and even car insurance cut off. Ryan & I once bathed with a warmed up melted bag of ice because that was ALL the water we had when it got shut off. We've gone to food banks more than once and overcame the shame. We have been through it. And we are climbing up the mountain now. I am so happy with where we are in our lives. THings are finally starting to come together. My PMDD is not getting in the way of this job. I have worked here 2 months and not called in sick YET. That is huge for me. A big phrase in New Orleans is rebirth. Moving down here has been that for us...a Rebirth. We have found our place, our home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys, Amanda. God provides. You guys work hard and make it happen. Your daughter is so very blessed to have the two of you as her role models. She will be beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete