Saturday, January 30, 2010

Love Lifted Me

As you can probably tell from my blog posts, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I'm up, I'm down but mostly down. Things are headed uphill and I think things will be a bit smoother. (famous last words?? I hope not) I had such a great day today & I still continue to feel blessed and so happy with where my life is headed.
This morning started off beautifully. I woke up around 9 and yay it's Saturday. No reports to file, no copies to make. We went to the store to get stuff to make salad for SALAD BOWL I with a few ladies from church. So I get home, make it and head out the door and get to my GDO (girls day out.) We had such a great time fellowshipping, talking and sharing our lives and experiences. We had intended to play a game, but we had such a good time talking 3 hours later we realized it was time to go. :) It was so refreshing to talk with other women near my age.
Another beautiful thing that didn't directly involve me happened too. Hubby and daughter went to the bowling alley. She hasn't been since she was little bitty. We found her a cheetah print bowling ball @ a thrift store the other day and she was ready to use it. Hubby said that they got to use bumpers (lucky) and he said she would just squeal with delight when she knocked down pins. I asked her afterwards who won and she said "Both of us won, me and daddy."
After I got home...NAP TIME!! Oh it was lovely! Onlly downside...it's 2am and I am blogging. :) Weekends throw me off. Oh well, such a great day it was so worth it. We woke up and went to the store to get a few things including....Biggest Loser for the Wii. We get it home and start it up and GUESS WHAT....you dont have to use the wii board to do it! OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...and you know what folks...I worked out for 24 minutes plus warm up and cool down!! I am so proud of myself! The trainers on the game talk you through your workout and encourage and push you just like on the show. They dont let you quit. I never gave up. It felt so good.
In the cool down I was having to hold my heel and stretch my leg muscles. I cannot hold my leg...can't even reach it. My knight in shining armor came to me and helped me balance. I told him that I couldnt do it and he looked me in the eyes and told me that I was doing the very best that I could and that he was proud of me. *sigh* Yes ladies...I have Mr. Perfect.
So in all areas of my life...LOVE LIFTED ME. The love of my sisters in Christ lifted my mood and my spirits. The love of my husband lifted my heart and self-esteem. The love of myself is improving because I feel like I CAN do this with this new workout. When nothing else could help love lifted me.
Then I took a hot shower and now I am sharing my thoughts with you.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda! I'm so happy for you!! God sure has a way of putting exactly what we need in our lives, doesn't He? I'm so glad you were able to find the "Biggest Loser" and are able to use it. I can just see your daughter clapping and jumping around with a big smile on her face!! You made me smile just thinking about what a great day you had!!

    ReplyDelete